During Winter Break 2015, a group of 19 students traveled through Beijing and Shanghai to explore the diverse range of business careers available in China. 14 different organizations hosted the students to provide an overview of available opportunities, showcase their company culture, and advise non-Chinese nationals on the process of applying for a work visa. The participating employers represented a wide range of industries, including asset management, banking, entrepreneurship, manufacturing, and technology.
Site Visits and Alumni/Parent Hosts
- Baring Private Equity Asia | Guy Cui (P '19), Cartus Chan (MBA '15)
- Beijing February 7th Railway Transportation Equipment Co.
- China Asset Management Company | Xiaodong Tang (MBA '00)
- China National Technical Import & Export | Yongmei Feng (P'16)
- Grupo Bimbo
- Zhong Lun Law Firm | Paul Wang (LLM '94, JSD '99)
- BNY Mellon | Robert Kung (P '14)
- CEDCA Shanghai
- GM Shanghai | Hemanth Munipalli (MBA '02)
- Parthenon-EY | Adam Reeb (MBA '14)
- Startup Loft
- Strikingly | Teng Bao (AB '12), David Chen (AB '13)
- Z-Ben Advisors | Chris Powers (AB '09)
This trek is an eye-opening experience for me. Although I came initially only interested in some private equity and consulting companies we would be visiting, what inspired me the most were actually some startup companies and companies that conduct business in fields I am completely unfamiliar with. I’m really glad that I got an opportunity to participate in this program and would definitely recommend to students who are interested in learning more about how business is conducted in China." -Jing Huang, AB '18