The Jeff Metcalf Internship Program
The Jeff Metcalf Internship Program is the flagship internship program for University of Chicago undergraduate students. For more than 20 years, this legacy program has recognized the contributions of Harold “Jeff” Metcalf, AM ’52, who was Dean of Students at the Graduate School of Business (now Chicago Booth) from 1956 to 1975. The program pays tribute to Jeff’s dedication to helping students both within the University, and beyond.
Students who complete Metcalf internships work at some of the top organizations across the country and around the world, where they complete substantive projects throughout the summer and academic year. During the 2019-2020 academic year, over 3,000 Metcalf internship were offered at more than 1,300 organizations.
Benefits of Participating
The flexibility of the Metcalf Program allows employers to seamlessly incorporate students into their own internship programs. Employer partners not only contribute to our students’ professional development, but use this as an effective way to scout talent for full-time positions and connect with individuals who may contribute to the organization for years to come.
Employers who participate in the Metcalf Program additionally benefit from:
- Dedicated employer relations staff to help you navigate the recruitment process of hiring an intern
- Assistance with arranging interviews
- Marketing and outreach to student populations most likely to be strong candidates for the internship
To be eligible for inclusion in the Metcalf Program, the internship must:
- Include substantive, project-based responsibilities for the intern
- Provide an immediate supervisor or mentor for the intern
Interested in hosting a Metcalf Intern? Please contact Nadia Casperson at firstname.lastname@example.org.