The Jeff Metcalf Internship Program
The Jeff Metcalf Internship Program is the flagship internship program for University of Chicago undergraduate students. For more than 20 years, this legacy program has recognized the contributions of Harold “Jeff” Metcalf, AM ’52, who was Dean of Students at the Graduate School of Business (now Chicago Booth) from 1956 to 1975. The program pays tribute to Jeff’s dedication to helping students both within the University, and beyond.
Students who complete Metcalf internships work at some of the top organizations across the country and around the world, where they complete substantive projects throughout the summer and academic year. During the 2018-2019 academic year, UChicago students secured more than 2,800 internship opportunities in 250+ cities across 50+ countries.
Benefits of Participating
The flexibility of the Metcalf Program allows employers to seamlessly incorporate students into their own internship programs. Employer partners not only contribute to our students’ professional development, but use this as an effective way to scout talent for full-time positions and connect with individuals who may contribute to the organization for years to come.
Employers who participate in the Metcalf Program additionally benefit from:
- Dedicated employer relations staff to help you navigate the recruitment process of hiring an intern
- Assistance with arranging interviews on-campus or virtually
- Marketing and outreach to student populations most likely to be strong candidates for the internship
To be eligible for inclusion in the Metcalf Program, the internship must:
- Include substantive, project-based responsibilities for the intern
- Pay a wage of at least $13/hour or the local minimum wage, whichever is higher
- Provide an immediate supervisor or mentor for the intern
Interested in hosting a Metcalf Intern? Please contact Nadia Casperson at firstname.lastname@example.org.