Recruit with Us
Our team will work with you to create a successful recruitment strategy to engage with our students. Our industry-specific employer relations staff will assist with strategy building, student questions, and scheduling needs.
While each company may engage with students in different ways, we suggest considering the following:
- Virtual Career Fair: Career Advancement offers an annual career and internship fair in the fall quarter. Join us for an opportunity to connect with students from the College and UChicago’s graduate and professional schools and recruit top talent for your internship and full-time opportunities. This centralized, location-independent format will maximize your team’s time and efforts and provide greater access to the UChicago talent community. Save the date and register for our Fall 2022 Virtual Career & Internship Fair on September 29, 2022.
- Information Sessions and Company Presentations: One of the best ways to engage students is through holding a virtual or in-person information session, where you can present on your firm's culture and any upcoming opportunities, as well as network with students. Most info sessions are held in the evening after 5pm CST. Usually employers will host info sessions 2-3 weeks prior to job interviews.
- Coffee Chats: Coffee chats are a great way for employers to interact with students in a more informal and intimate setting. Schedule your virtual chats as early as August 1, 2022, or in-person chats beginning as early as September 30, 2022.
- Interviews: Our team will assist you in booking and managing day-of interviews. Book your 2022-23 interview dates via UChicago Handshake beginning on May 2, 2022.
- Sponsor an Event: For more information on getting involved with UChicago recruiting events, please contact Nadia Casperson at email@example.com
Key Dates | 2022-2023
Career Advancement plans to continue providing virtual and in-person support to employers and students. With online recruiting opening on August 1, 2022, this will allow flexibility for both employers and students to maximize access and involvement.
We're excited to welcome you to campus and encourage you to reference UChicago Forward for most up-to-date information on our continued commitment to a culture of public health.
University of Chicago operates on a quarter system.
- View the 2022-2023 recruiting calendar.
Scheduling & Planning for Your UChicago Sessions:
- To make an interview reservation, log in to UChicago Handshake, our online job portal. There is no cost associated with conducting interviews.
- To schedule an information session, networking event, or coffee chats, please contact a member of our employer relations staff.
- If this is your first time recruiting from UChicago, you should first register for a UChicago Handshake account.
- Please note that by submitting an interview reservation, you are agreeing to our Recruiting Expectations and Policies for Employers. If you have any questions about these policies or UChicago Handshake, please contact Nadia Casperson at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Interested in Hiring Graduate Students?
- If you are interested in UChicago graduate students (MA/MS/PhD/postdoc), UChicagoGRAD offers employers the opportunity to recruit advanced degree students and postdocs.
- If you are interested in recruiting UChicago MBA students, the Booth School of Business Chicago Booth's Employer Relations team is responsible for cultivating and expanding company relationships, developing branding and recruiting strategies through which firms can source MBA and experienced-hire talent, and hosting programs and events that support these goals. You may contact their relationship managers here.