RECRUIT ON CAMPUS
Visiting campus allows employers to connect with select undergraduate students to meet with many students in a short period of time, increasing your visibility and company presence on campus. Engaging with students on campus shows your team’s demonstrated commitment to hiring from UChicago.
Our Employer Relations & Development team will work with you to create a successful recruitment strategy to engage with our students. Our relationship managers will assist with strategy building, on-campus date requests, travel questions, and scheduling needs.
While each company may engage with students in different ways, we suggest considering the following:
- Information sessions and company presentations: One of the best ways to engage students is through holding an informational session on campus, where you can present on your firm's culture and any upcoming opportunities, as well as network with students. Most info sessions are held in the evening after 5pm. Usually employers will host info sessions 2-3 weeks prior to job interviews.
Career Fairs: Career Advancement offers two yearly career and internship fairs in the fall and winter quarters. Join us for an opportunity to connect with hundreds of students and alumni and recruit top talent for your internship and full-time opportunities.
- Fall 2018 Career & Internship Fair: Thursday, October 4th and Friday, October 5th from 12:00 p.m. – 4:00 p.m
Winter 2019 Career & Internship Fair: Thursday, January 10th and Friday, January 11th from 12:00 p.m. – 4:00 p.m.
- Registration will open in fall 2018.
- On-campus interviews (OCIs): Interviewing on campus provides an easy and convenient way to conduct interviews for your open roles.
- Coffee chats: Coffee chats are a great way for employers to interact with students in a more informal and intimate setting.
- Sponsor an event. For more information on our large-scale recruiting events, please view corporate sponsorship details here.
Key Dates 2018 – 2019
University of Chicago operates on a quarter system. Check out the 2018-2019 academic year recruiting calendar for important academic and recruiting dates.
Scheduling & Planning for Your Time on Campus:
- To make an interview reservation, log in to UChicago Handshake, our online job portal. There is no cost associated with conducting on-campus interviews.
- To schedule an information session, networking event, or coffee chats, please contact a member of the Employer Relations & Development team.
- If this is your first time recruiting from UChicago, you should first register for a UChicago Handshake account.
- Please note that by submitting an interview reservation, you are agreeing to our On-Campus Recruiting Expectations and Policies for Employers. If you have any questions about these policies or UChicago Handshake, please contact Nadia Casperson at email@example.com.
Interested in Hiring Graduate Students?
- If you are interested in UChicago graduate students (MA/MS/PhD/postdoc), UChicagoGRAD offers employers the opportunity to recruit advanced degree students and postdocs.
- If you are interested in recruiting UChicago MBA students, the Booth School of Business Chicago Booth's Employer Relations team is responsible for cultivating and expanding company relationships, developing branding and recruiting strategies through which firms can source MBA and experienced-hire talent, and hosting programs and events that support these goals. You may contact their relationship managers here.
Logistics, Directions, and Parking
Most information sessions and on-campus interviews take place in Ida Noyes Hall at 1212 E. 59th Street.
Shipping Materials for Your Upcoming Information Session
You are welcome to ship materials for your upcoming event to our office. All packages should be marked on the outside with the date and time of the event as well as the name of your Career Advancement contact.
The University of Chicago
Attn: (your event contact)
Ida Noyes Hall
1212 E. 59th Street
Chicago, IL 60637
Catering for Your On-Campus Event
You are welcome to refer to the list of caterers most frequently used on campus. These vendors are familiar with both the type and location of events commonly held by employers.
The University of Chicago recommends the hotel accommodations offered by the Hilton Chicago on 720 S. Michigan Avenue. Hilton Chicago has partnered with the University of Chicago to provide affordable and accessible rooms in the heart of the city as well as a free shuttle to our Hyde Park campus. In addition, the Hilton proudly supports UChicago's efforts to help talented students attend the University regardless of their financial status. With each reservation, the Hilton will make a contribution to UChicago's Odyssey Scholarship Program that supports low-income and first-generation students.
Please click here to book your reservation and take advantage of our preferred rate. You may also call (312) 922-4400 and ask for the reservations department and request the University of Chicago rate.
Directions by Car:
From Lake Shore Drive:
Exit at 57th Drive (the Museum of Science and Industry). Go west and curve south around the museum. Take the fourth right onto the Midway Plaisance and go west to the campus.
Directions from O’Hare Airport:
From O’Hare Airport, take I-90 east to Chicago. Once past downtown Chicago, exit to I-55 North and then to Lake Shore Drive South. From Lake Shore Drive, exit at 57th Drive (the Museum of Science and Industry). Go west and curve south around the museum. Take the fourth right onto the Midway Plaisance and go west to the campus.
Directions from Midway Airport:
From Midway Airport, go north on Cicero Avenue to the Stevenson Expressway (I-55). Take I-55 North to Chicago and exit to Lake Shore Drive South. From Lake Shore Drive, exit at 57th Drive (the Museum of Science and Industry). Go west and curve south around the museum. Take the fourth right onto the Midway Plaisance and go west to the campus.
Visitor Parking at the University of Chicago
Limited reserved permit parking is available in the Judd Lot, on Kimbark Ave. between 58th and 59th Streets. If you do not have a permit from Career Advancement, you will be ticketed and/or towed. If you are interested in securing a parking permit for this lot, please call (773) 702-7040 at least 48 hours prior to your arrival. If you are not able to secure a space in the Judd Lot, other options are available. Street parking is available on the Midway Plaisance; however, we recommend that visitors park in the covered parking structure on 55th Street and Ellis Ave. To get to the parking structure from Ida Noyes Hall, take 59th St. west to Ellis Ave. Turn right on Ellis, and go north on Ellis for about two blocks. You will see the entrance into the parking structure on your right prior to reaching the traffic light at 55th St. Please allow 20 minutes to walk from the parking structure to Ida Noyes Hall.
Additional maps or directions are available here.