Recruit with Us
Our Employer Relations & Development team will work with you to create a successful recruitment strategy to engage with our students. Our relationship managers will assist with strategy building, student questions, and scheduling needs.
While each company may engage with students in different ways, we suggest considering the following:
- Virtual Information sessions and company presentations: One of the best ways to engage students is through holding a virtual information session, where you can present on your firm's culture and any upcoming opportunities, as well as network with students. Most info sessions are held in the evening after 5pm. Usually employers will host info sessions 2-3 weeks prior to job interviews.
- Career Fair: Career Advancement offers an annual career and internship fair in the fall quarter. Join us for an opportunity to connect with students from the College and UChicago’s graduate and professional schools and recruit top talent for your internship and full-time opportunities. This centralized, location-independent format will maximize your team’s time and efforts and provide greater access to the UChicago talent community.
- Virtual interviews: Our employer relations team will assist you in booking and managing day-of interviews. Book your interview sessions via UChicago Handshake.
- Coffee chats: Coffee chats are a great way for employers to interact with students in a more informal and intimate setting.
- Sponsor an event. For more information on getting involved with UChicago recruiting events, please contact Nadia Casperson at email@example.com
Key Dates 2020-2021
University of Chicago operates on a quarter system. To preview the 2020-2021 recruiting calendar, please click here.
Scheduling & Planning for Your UChicago Sessions:
- To make an interview reservation, log in to UChicago Handshake, our online job portal. There is no cost associated with conducting interviews.
- To schedule an information session, networking event, or coffee chats, please contact a member of the Employer Relations & Development team.
- If this is your first time recruiting from UChicago, you should first register for a UChicago Handshake account.
- Please note that by submitting an interview reservation, you are agreeing to our Recruiting Expectations and Policies for Employers. If you have any questions about these policies or UChicago Handshake, please contact Nadia Casperson at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Interested in Hiring Graduate Students?
- If you are interested in UChicago graduate students (MA/MS/PhD/postdoc), UChicagoGRAD offers employers the opportunity to recruit advanced degree students and postdocs.
- If you are interested in recruiting UChicago MBA students, the Booth School of Business Chicago Booth's Employer Relations team is responsible for cultivating and expanding company relationships, developing branding and recruiting strategies through which firms can source MBA and experienced-hire talent, and hosting programs and events that support these goals. You may contact their relationship managers here.