Transition to Work is a professional development program that prepares University of Chicago graduates for a successful transition into their professional careers. The workplace is more competitive than ever, and this program aims to equip UChicago students with the first-class skills needed to be top performers in their role from Day 1.
The Transition to Work curriculum has been designed for fourth-year students as they prepare to enter the professional world post-graduation and consists of the following components:
- Great on the Job Workshop Series focused on dynamic and honed communication (more detail below!)
- Technology Training Workshops and Roadmaps to enhance skills with key professional software and technology concepts, like Microsoft Excel, Microsoft PowerPoint, and data visualization
- Leadership and Coaching Workshops to learn to lead with your strengths and develop effective relationships with mentors, mentees, and peers
- Mentorship Program allowing fourth-year students to provide guidance to underclassmen as they navigate career exploration, recruitment, and preparing for internships.
Questions? Please contact Melissa Smith at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Great on the Job Workshop Series:
The Great on the Job Workshop Series includes four unique workshops to help you master dynamic and honed communication skills. The workshop content, from Jodi Glickman’s Great on the Job, provides a crash course in professional success.
Great communication skills build careers, leaders, engaged professionals, and a better workplace. From the newest intern to the time-tested CEO, no one can get by—let alone get ahead—without mastering the art (and science) of communicating strategically. Great on the Job empowers professionals with clear-cut communication strategies and tactical, practical ways to speak up and stand out.
The Great on the Job Workshop topics include:
- Sharing information effectively (and getting everyone to listen to you!)
- Asking for help (and sounding smart!)
- Asking for feedback
- Raising a red flag and managing a crisis
- Selling yourself with your personal pitch
- And more!