Powered by OptionsCity FreewayTM
The University of Chicago and the UChicago Careers in Business: Financial Markets (UCIB:FM) program is pleased to announce the 3rd Annual UChicago Midwest Trading Competition. Who: Undergraduate students with an interest in trading / quantitative finance
What: Algorithmic trading competition, networking opportunities with premier employers and students interested in quantitative finance, informational sessions, cash prizes, and more…
When: April 10th-11th, 2015
Where: April 10th: Networking Reception from 6:30pm-8:30pm hosted by IMC Financial Markets at the Willis Tower located at 233 S. Wacker Drive, Suite 4300.
April 11th: Trading Competition at the Chicago Innovation Exchange at UChicago. 1452 E. 53rd Street in Hyde Park.
- Teams will consist of three to four students from the same institution
- Multiple teams from the same institution will be considered
- UCIB:FM aims to attract approximately 25 teams from top-tier institutions across the country
- Selective registration process (see registration link below)
- At least one team member must be able to code in Java (OptionsCity FreewayTM platform is Java-based)
- Case studies will be sent in advance to provide time to create and test custom algorithms
- Cases will require technical development skills in the form of algo creation and sound decision-making skills to recognize when the algorithm is not working
For questions or inquiries about competition waitlist, please contact Jesse Meyer at email@example.com
Note: Registration does not guarantee a spot in the competition. A confirmation email will be sent from UChicago indicating a confirmed spot.