Career Advancement prepares UChicago students for careers across industries and around the globe. With personalized support, employer connections, and career exploration resources, Career Advancement can help you reach your goals at any stage of your career journey.
Our career exploration resources provide you with tools you can use to explore your interests and values, identify opportunities to build your skills, and create an action plan for finding and exciting and meaningful summer opportunities.
Personalized Career Support
Make a Career Exploration appointment in UChicago Handshake (by choosing the General Career Advising Category) to get the conversation started. Our career advisers will support you help you identify and explore your career interests, identify opportunities that fit your goals, and prepare top-notch application materials.
Discover Your Passion
Take time to reflect on your interests, skills, and values to not only help you find the right career, but also help you think about what you want out of your college experience. Don't be afraid to experiment and take risks!
- Start your journey by completing the Career Exploration Self-Reflection activities.
- Identify your talents with the StrengthsQuest assessment. Watch our video to learn how your StrengthsQuest results can help you explore your strengths and point to potential career paths. Reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org for information on receiving your personalized access code to take the StrengthsQuest assessment.
- Get weekly updates about your field of interest. Our "Careers in" programs help students prepare for careers in specific industries. Sign up to receive weekly e-mails on upcoming events and experiential opportunities.
- Explore the Virtual Career Library. Do a deep-dive into your interests with the resources in our virtual library.
Want to learn more about a career field? Let’s get started! Direct experience is the best way to try a career field out and see if it's a good fit for you!
- Shadow a UChicago alum. Career Advancement's Job Shadowing Program provides opportunities for students to virtually shadow a UChicago alum and experience a "day in the life" of a career field that interests them.
- Engage with employers and alumni in your field of interest. Treks bring groups of 15-25 students to meet with potential employers virtually throughout the United States and around the world in
- Learn from the experts: Learn how to leverage your UChicago network by watching our Networking video and signing up for UChicago Wisr to find alumni mentors who can provide advice and guidance.