UChicago Handshake is a career search resource hosted by Career Advancement. Using this system, College students and alumni who have graduated within the past 5 years can view and search jobs posted by the University and outside employers, as well as access Campus Recruiting opportunities and various University-sponsored internship programs.
To get started, log in to your UChicago Handshake account using your CNet ID and password. Please contact our team at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions or access problems.
How to Search for Metcalf Internships on Handshake
To search for Metcalf internships:
- Log in to your UChicago Handshake account
- Click "Jobs"
- Click "All Filters"
- In the dropdown menu, scroll down to "Labeled by Your School"
- Select “2021-22 metcalf”
Career Advancement publishes a weekly newsletter, highlighting key Metcalf opportunities with upcoming deadlines, as well as a comprehensive spreadsheet with all available positions. You are encouraged to sign up for the newsletter here.
How to Make Career Advising Appointments on Handshake
You can make an appointment with a career adviser online through UChicago Handshake! To book an advising appointment online, follow these steps:
- Log in to UChicago Handshake.
- Click on "Career Center" on the top menu.
- Click “Appointments”
- Click "Schedule a New Appointment."
- Select the appropriate appointment category.
- First-year students seeking to meet with their assigned adviser should select "1st Year Assigned Adviser Appointment."
- Alumni seeking to make an appointment should select “Alumni Career Advising”
- Select the appointment type that best describes what you'd like to discuss.
- If it's your first appointment with Career Advancement and you're wondering how you can get started, select the "General Career Advising" category!
- Choose an appointment date and time that works well with your schedule. If you'd like to meet with a specific adviser, click "Staff Member" at the top and select the adviser to see their availability.
- Choose your preferred appointment format from the available options (in-person, phone, virtual, etc.).
- Briefly describe what you'd like to discuss during the appointment.
- Click "Request."
- If necessary, you may also cancel your appointment through UChicago Handshake. To cancel your appointment, click on "Appointments," select the appointment you need to cancel, and then click the red "Cancel Appointment" button. Please be sure to provide as much notice as possible if you need to cancel an appointment.
You will receive a confirmation once your appointment is approved. If your appointment will be in-person, please review this office map in advance to identify where in Ida Noyes Hall (1212 E. 59th Street) to meet your career adviser. If your appointment will be virtual, you will receive Zoom details from the adviser in advance of the meeting. Finally, if this is your first appointment, please have a copy of your resume ready to be reviewed as well.