Career Advancement staff members provide personalized advising to students and alumni of the College who have graduated within the past five years, whether they are on or off-campus. Students and alumni can request in-person or remote appointments.
Note: If you’re a graduate student, or alumnus of a graduate program, please contact UChicagoGrad for information on career advising.
If you are interested in making an appointment for a practice interview, please visit the Practice Interview Program page for more information on how to schedule an appointment.
How to Schedule an Advising Appointment
You can make an appointment with a career adviser online through UChicago Handshake! To book an advising appointment online, follow these steps:
- Log in to UChicago Handshake.
- Click on "Career Center" on the top menu.
- Click “Appointments”
- Click "Schedule a New Appointment."
- Select the appropriate appointment category.
- First-year students seeking to meet with their assigned adviser should select "1st Year Assigned Adviser Appointment."
- Alumni seeking to make an appointment should select “Alumni Career Advising”
- Select the appointment type that best describes what you'd like to discuss.
- Choose an appointment date and time that works well with your schedule. If you'd like to meet with a specific adviser, click "Staff Member" at the top and select the adviser to see their availability.
- Briefly describe what you'd like to discuss during the appointment. Please indicate if you are on- or off-campus.
- Click "Request."
- If you are off-campus, your adviser will follow up with you to discuss the appointment logistics.
- If necessary, you may also cancel your appointment through UChicago Handshake. To cancel your appointment, click on "Appointments," select the appointment you need to cancel, and then click the red "Cancel Appointment" button. Please be sure to provide as much notice as possible if you need to cancel an appointment.
Career Advancement is located on the second floor of Ida Noyes Hall at 1212 E. 59th St. When you arrive for your appointment, please come up to the 2nd floor, check in on the tablet at the reception desk, and your adviser will come meet you in the lobby.
If you have a more urgent question or require a shorter appointment, please stop by during our walk-in hours Monday through Friday from 3:00pm-4:45pm in Ida Noyes Hall. Walk-ins are brief, 15-minute appointments on a first-come, first-served basis.