UChicago Career Advancement supports your preparation for success whether interviewing for an internship, a post-graduation job, or admission to graduate or professional school! College students have access to virtual mock interviews available by appointment and 24-hour web-based practice interviews available through Big Interview.
Download the Career Advancement practice interviewing handout for a list of services and policies.
Virtual Practice Interviews
The Practice Interview Program provides remote general behavioral and industry-specific mock interviews for undergraduate students who seek interview preparation for internships, full-time positions, and selective enrollment programs. Designed to feel like a real interview, Practice Interviews are scheduled for 1 hour and will be conducted by trained graduate students with professional industry experience, who will assess the effectiveness of responses and provide valuable and objective feedback on interview skills. Practice Interviews are available during the academic year and summer.
Summer 2020 Virtual Practice Interviews
To meet the needs for the accelerated recruiting season for consulting and investment banking and to enable UChicago students to participate in virtual recruiting earlier than ever before, Career Advancement will now offer practice interviews over this summer to better prepare and support students for:
- Case Consulting Interviews
- Investment Banking Interviews
- Behavioral Interviews
How to Schedule a Practice Interview with Career Advancement
- Complete the Practice Interview Program Request Form to schedule an appointment for a time. Students who fill out the Request Form will be contacted by Career Advancement via email within 24 hours with a confirmed appointment or requesting further information.
- In the form, indicate the most appropriate practice interview type.
- Interview Categories for Summer 2020: Case Consulting, General Behavioral, and Investment Banking
- Specify the dates and times of availability (M-F, 9am-5pm) over the upcoming 5 business days.
- Share the date and with whom the interview is with, if applicable.
- Once confirmed, email the Practice Interviewer the following materials at least 24 hours in advance of appointment.
(the confirmation email will provide the Practice Interviewers contact information)
- Cover letter
- Job description
All practice interviews are held virtually, and the Practice Interviewer will coordinate the Zoom meeting information directly with the student.
Late Cancellation and No Show Policy
Late cancellations or No Shows for a virtual practice interview will result in deactivation from Handshake. If you need to cancel, please do so within 24 hours of your scheduled appointment in Handshake and/or alert your practice interviewer and/or the scheduling coordinator.
Students will need to email their resume, cover letter, and job description to the Practice Interviewer at least 24 hours in advance of the appointment for the Practice Interviewer to review.
How to Prepare for a Practice Interview
Students should treat the practice interview like a real interview and Career Advancement recommends utilizing the following resources to prepare: