Put your best foot forward this recruiting season with Career Advancement resources. Complete the steps below and you’ll be officially certified as recruitment ready!
Recruiting season will kick off early this year in August 2021. You can get personalized support from a career adviser at any stage of the recruitment process – make an appointment to discuss your goals in detail.
Step 1: Make Your Application Stand Out
- Use these online resources to make your resume and cover letter top-notch:
- Tailor your application materials to the different types of roles you are interested in
- Ensure you’re ready to hit submit by having your materials reviewed by an expert Career Advancement adviser. Set up an appointment on Handshake!
Step 2: Ace the Interview
- Meet with an industry-specific career adviser to learn about what to expect in the interview and common questions you might receive
- Review online resources to help you prepare:
- Practice, practice, practice!
- Understand and leverage the STAR methodology to help you be concise and impactful in your interview
- This tool can help you map out your answers
- Take advantage of Career Advancement’s practice interview options through the Practice Interview Program or Big Interview
Step 3: Build Your Expertise
- Check out our Virtual Library to gain insight from industry experts and hone your skills for your job search
- Stay apprised of new programs, industry-specific events, internships, full-time roles, and more through the following links:
- Careers In Program & Career Advancement newsletters signup
- External Job Boards
- International Student Career Resource Center
- Odyssey Career Resource Center