Put Your Best Foot Forward for Fall Recruiting
The early bird gets the worm!
- Accelerate your success: starting in August will give you two full months to apply for jobs and internships before Autumn Quarter classes begin.
- Move to the front of the line: applying for opportunities early is a great way to show employers how proactive and enthusiastic you are.
- More time, more opportunities: beginning your job search early will give you more options to consider and help you find a position that matches best with your interests, skills, and values.
Be ready for action when you see your dream job posted!
- Tune up your resume: get personalized support from a career adviser with adding your summer internship to your resume and customizing it for your target employers.
- Ace the interview: sign up for a practice interview so that you knock the real one out of the park! You can also take advantage of Big Interview for on-demand virtual practice interviews.
- Build your knowledge, grow your network: attend virtual networking events to learn more about your field of interest and potential employers; opportunities include
- Employer information sessions
- “Industry Immersion” online summer events
- UC Impact, project-based experiences for second-years in September 2020
- Consulting Symposium on September 25, 2020
- Virtual Career & Internship Fair on October 1, 2020
Because you'll enjoy your senior year much more with a job offer in hand!
- Seal the deal: learn how to successfully negotiate your job offer, salary, and benefits.
- Make the transition seamless: stay in touch with your employer and listen to this webinar with professional development expert Jodi Glickman so that you’re ready to be a top performer on day 1
- Find a mentor, be a mentor: find mentors and help your peers chart their own path to career success by registering on UChicago Wisr. Another great way to support your classmates is to enter your salary information into PayScale.com to help them conduct informed job offer negotiations.