Career Advancement staff members provide personalized advising to students and alumni of the College who have graduated within the past five years, whether they are on or off-campus. Career advisers are currently available for phone and video appointments.
Note: If you’re a graduate student, or alumnus of a graduate program, please contact UChicagoGrad for information on career advising.
If you are interested in making an appointment for a practice interview, please visit the Practice Interview Program page for more information on how to schedule an appointment.
How to Schedule an Advising Appointment
You can make an appointment with a career adviser online through UChicago Handshake! To book an advising appointment online, follow these steps:
- Log in to UChicago Handshake.
- Click on "Career Center" on the top menu.
- Click “Appointments”
- Click "Schedule a New Appointment."
- Select the appropriate appointment category.
- First-year students seeking to meet with their assigned adviser should select "1st Year Assigned Adviser Appointment."
- Alumni seeking to make an appointment should select “Alumni Career Advising”
- Select the appointment type that best describes what you'd like to discuss.
- If it's your first appointment with Career Advancement and you're wondering how you can get started, select the "General Career Advising" category!
- Choose an appointment date and time that works well with your schedule. If you'd like to meet with a specific adviser, click "Staff Member" at the top and select the adviser to see their availability.
- Briefly describe what you'd like to discuss during the appointment.
- Click "Request."
- If necessary, you may also cancel your appointment through UChicago Handshake. To cancel your appointment, click on "Appointments," select the appointment you need to cancel, and then click the red "Cancel Appointment" button. Please be sure to provide as much notice as possible if you need to cancel an appointment.
Weekend Pop-up Advising
If you need some help over the weekend finishing applications or have a quick question on your resume or cover letter, claim a 15 minute spot here for Pop-Up Advising and connect with a Career Peer Adviser through Zoom! Sign in to Google with your UChicago e-mail to access the signup form.
Career Peer Advisers, commonly known around campus as CPAs, are current University of Chicago undergraduate students who have been extensively trained by Career Advancement to provide career advice to students and make referrals to expert advisers when appropriate. They are able to advise students on Career Advancement resources and services, proper resume and cover letter writing, searching for jobs; internships, and student employment positions, preparing for interviews, and exploring career paths.
CPA pop-up advising hours are every Sunday from 10:00am-11:00am Central Time and 8:00pm-9:00pm Central Time until week 10 of Spring Quarter!