The University of Chicago Kimpton Fellows Program places recent graduates of the College in one-year, employer-funded fellowships across a wide variety of for-profit industries, not-for-profits, government agencies, research and philanthropic institutions, educational organizations, and social service providers. The Kimpton Program provides mentors to all fellows, and fellows attend biweekly professional development seminars. Over 10% of the University of Chicago’s graduating class applies to be Kimpton Fellows, so the pool of candidates is exceptionally strong.
Benefits of Participation
- Hire a talented, highly-committed UChicago graduate for a full-time position at a reasonable salary.
- We match candidates to your position based on skills and interests. You make the final selection.
- Many hosts offer fellows permanent employment at the end of the fellowship year.
- Kimpton Program Mentors provide valuable assistance to fellows as they begin their careers.
- The Kimpton Program promotes long-term human capital for partner organizations.
We ask that our partners compensate their Kimpton Fellows at rates comparable to other employees completing similar tasks. Most Kimpton Fellows receive a salary of approximately $36,000, plus customary employee benefits. Some partner organizations pay more than $36,000 in order to attract top candidates. Partner organizations are also required to give fellows time to attend seminars, unless work requirements make this unfeasible.
To apply, complete the 2019-20 Partner Organization Application and submit a job description to firstname.lastname@example.org. We encourage partner organizations to submit position descriptions early to attract the most qualified candidates. Fellowship positions begin between June and September 2018.
Program Coordinator: Ethan Simonds