Introduce your organization to prospective talent early and make an impact.
Specialized Career Cohorts
Engage with students in their first years of career exploration and support them in developing industry-relevant skills, network, and explore opportunities. These programs provide intensive career preparation across a variety of industries and each program offers professional development opportunities and hands-on experiences.
Career Exploration Week
Career Exploration Week is a series of four-day programs designed to give incoming first-years a head start on exploring an industry or career pathway of their interest. Ranging from Law in New York to Data Science in California, these programs give you the opportunity to network with students, identify early talent, and showcase your firm through a site visit at your office!
Programs will run September 5-8, 2023, with employer visits taking place September 6 - 8.
- Healthcare Explorer Program - Philadelphia, PA
- Climate & Energy Explorer Program - Denver, CO
- Biological Sciences Explorer Program - Seattle, WA
- Career Exploration Program - San Francisco, CA
- Computer Science & Data Science Explorer Program - San Francisco, CA
- Behavioral Economics & Human Data Explorer Program - New York, NY
- Engineering Explorer Program - Los Angeles, CA
- Quantum Explorer Program - Chicago, IL
- Exploring the Legal Profession Program - New York, NY
- Business & Finance Explorer Program - New York, NY
- Cinematic Arts, Media and Entertainment - Los Angeles, CA
- Policy & Social Impact Explorer Program - Washington, D.C.
- Journalism, Media, and Publishing - Washington, D.C.
If you have any questions or are interested in hosting students, please contact Sophie Wingland at email@example.com.
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
UChicago students come from a highly diverse range of cultural, geographic, and socioeconomic backgrounds. Your organization can benefit from our students’ wide variety of experiences, perspectives, and skills.
TALENT SOURCING OPPORTUNITIES
- Participate in the Diversity + Inclusion Summit: Celebrate diversity in the workplace and connect with students during this day-long, conference-style event. Save the date for February 2, 2024. Express your interest by filling out this form - we look forward to connecting with you!
- Connect with student organizations: Meet students from a wide variety of backgrounds by scheduling meet and greet events with student organizations. You can view a list of active student organizations here.
- Hire interns: Source diverse talent by recruiting from specialized UChicago internship cohorts, including:
Employer Advisory Councils
Shape UChicago recruiting, provide industry insights, and prepare students with skills for the future.
To ensure that UChicago career services can best support employers with their recruiting goals, Career Advancement has created a series of advisory councils where employers can share feedback on talent needs in your industry, shape UChicago recruiting programs, and learn about upcoming initiatives at UChicago and additional opportunities to connect with students.
Consisting of employers from a diverse range of industries, these councils advise Career Advancement on job market trends, recruiting best practices, and talent development initiatives.
Career Advancement has established a national Employer Advisory Council as well as regional advisory councils throughout the U.S. and around the world with members representing 75+ different organizations.
- National Employer Advisory Council
- California Regional Council
- Chicago Regional Council
- EU Regional Council
- Greater China Regional Council
- New York Regional Council
- Texas Regional Council
- U.K. Regional Council
Employer partners interested in joining a council are welcome to contact Cristina Rodriguez at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Executive Speaker Series
Help students explore major industry topics presented by an executive member of your organization. This is a great way to enhance your brand visibility among students, engage with them early, and support their career development.