From high-powered analytics to mental health services, Careers in Behavioral Sciences supports students interested in careers that analyze and influence human behavior. Students of all majors and class years are encouraged to get involved!
Explore a Diverse and Exciting Career Field
Behavioral science seeks to understand what drives human behavior and how it can be influenced in positive directions. Behavioral science encompasses a diverse and exciting range of career fields across the public and private sectors, including clinical psychology, advertising/marketing, mental health services, human resources, behavioral analytics, and social research.
Everything You Need for Career Success
Careers in Behavioral Science provides expert advising, employer connections, and career exploration and experiential learning opportunities to help students launch successful careers in behavioral science. Program resources include:
Industry experts provide one-on-one coaching to help students explore their specific interests in behavioral science, prepare application materials for jobs and internships, and design a personalized path to career success. Students can schedule an advising appointment online through UChicago Handshake or e-mail program director Hemali Bhandiwad at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Build Your Skills and Network
Careers in Behavioral Sciences partners with employers, faculty, and alumni to organize workshops and other opportunities that build students’ skills and knowledge. Sample workshops and tools include:
- Behavioral Science Career Pathways: Careers Beyond Academia Alumni Panel + Networking
- Behavioral Science Career Pathways: Clinical Careers Alumni Panel + Q&A
- Superbowl Ad Analysis & Technical Marketing Interview Preparation Workshop
- Career Exploration Podcast Series: Careers in Marketing, Careers in Research/Academia, Careers in Clinical Psychology
- “What is Behavioral Science”: Expert Panel Podcast
To prepare students for internships and help them apply their classroom knowledge to workplace scenarios, Careers in Behavioral Sciences also offers a diverse range of experiential learning opportunities, including:
- Job shadowing
- Career treks to visit behavioral science employers (market research firms, advertising agencies, mental health nonprofits, etc.).
- Case competitions
Gain Hands-on Experience
UChicago’s Jeff Metcalf Internship Program provides 3,000 paid, substantive internships each year across a variety of career fields, and Careers in Behavioral Sciences collaborates with a diverse range of employers to offer behavioral science internships.
Employers that have previously hired UChicago interns include:
- BGF Children’s Therapy
- Booth School of Business’ Center for Decision Research
- Center for Asian Health Equity
- Center for Healthy Minds
- Center for Practical Wisdom
- Chicago Department of Family and Support Services
- Chicago Public Schools Office of Social Emotional Learning
- Metropolitan Family Services
- The University of Chicago, Development of Social Cognition Laboratory
For more information, please contact Hemali Bhandiwad, program director of Careers in Behavioral Sciences, at email@example.com.