The Rogers Scholars Program in Finance provides career resources and funded internship opportunities for students interested in financial services careers and seeks to promote diversity within the field. The program is open to all students, and students engaged in Black, African American, and Hispanic/Latinx communities are highly encouraged to participate.
Participating students benefit from:
- Workshops that foster the development of technical and soft skills needed to succeed in finance
- Networking opportunities with leading industry professionals and alumni
- Substantive summer internship opportunities with investment management offices of foundations, endowments, and not-for-profit organizations
The Rogers Scholars Program in Finance is supported by a generous gift from John W. Rogers, Jr., LAB’76, Chairman and CEO of Ariel Investments and University Trustee. Students in the program will have opportunities to meet with Mr. Rogers throughout the year.
Workshops and Programming
The Rogers Scholars Program in Finance offers a comprehensive series of workshops to help students build the knowledge, connections, and technical skills they need to launch a successful career in finance. Past workshop topics include:
- Asset management
- Stock valuation
- Personal branding
- Interview preparation
Students are encouraged to register for Rogers Scholars Newsletter for updates about upcoming events.
Eligibility for Funded Internships
To qualify for a funded summer internship with a nonprofit endowment or investment office, students must meet the following requirements:
- Meet with program adviser Jackson Lehmar at least once per quarter
- Complete Practice Interview with Career Advancement
- Attend at least two program events each quarter
Students must apply to the Rogers Scholars Program internships in Handshake and can find them by searching for “Rogers Scholars Program in Finance.” Participating employers will extend offers to selected candidates who must complete a 1-week pre-internship skills bootcamp tentatively scheduled for the first week of June 2023.
Other Recommended Resources
- Bloomberg Markets Concept Course: for information about accessing and completing the Bloomberg Markets Concept Course, e-mail Jackson Lehmar at firstname.lastname@example.org
- CFA Investment Foundations Program: free eLearning tool and online assessment
- LinkedIn Learning Excel classes
To get involved or find more information about the program, please contact Jackson Lehmar at email@example.com.