Take a Quantum Leap and jump into quantum careers!
Building on the University’s excellence in quantum science, Quantum Business, Innovation, and Technology (QUBIT), is a new two-year preprofessional program dedicated to supporting undergraduates pursuing careers in the emerging quantum economy. With the Chicago skyline serving as a backdrop for a robust and flourishing quantum landscape, QUBIT provides professional development programming, community engagement, and funded research and internship opportunities to help students launch successful careers in quantum computing, engineering, R&D, and more.
Join us for a two-year adventure, entirely unique to the University of Chicago, where you’ll gain the professional skills and experience you need to thrive in the field. Throughout your journey, you’ll receive support from experts at Career Advancement, the Physical Sciences Division, Pritzker School for Molecular Engineering, and the Chicago Quantum Exchange.
All rising first-year students are eligible to apply for QUBIT. Prior experience is not required!
COMPREHENSIVE CAREER PREPARATION
Over the course of two years, QUBIT participants complete immersive and exploratory career preparation programming including:
- Priority access to the Quantum Career Explorer Program in fall of matriculation
- Comprehensive exploration of quantum career pathways
- Interactive employer-led workshops introducing students to quantum software, quantum terminology, and applications of quantum science within various industries
- Networking opportunities and professional development training with UChicago alumni and industry leaders including access to the annual Quantum Recruiting Forum
- Exposure to quantum initiatives globally through UChicago Treks and support for academic conferences
- Funded summer research and industry internships to accelerate career exploration and firsthand learning
Applications will open for the Class of 2028 later this year.
For more information about QUBIT or other UChicago early engagement programs, please contact Sam Smiley at firstname.lastname@example.org.
With the support of top quantum information science and business firms, national laboratories, and intrepid entrepreneurs, QUBIT facilitates pivotal career and industry exploration opportunities for our students.
Thank you to our current Employer Partners for providing incredible mentorship and career exploration opportunities!
- Argonne National Laboratory
- HRL Laboratories
- Atlantic Quantum
- Fermi National Accelerator Laboratory
Career Advancement invites employers to connect with QUBIT for internships and research opportunities, career treks, job shadowing, participation as an industry speaker or mentor, and other signature events. To become an employer partner with QUBIT, please contact Sam Smiley at email@example.com for more information.