Professional Development Fund Conference Grants
Career Advancement and Campus and Student Life invite you to apply for funding to attend and participate in conferences that support your professional development. If you receive funding, you will be asked to submit a brief reflection on your experiences upon return.
- Students from all years in the College are eligible to apply
- You must have been invited to or accepted to attend a conference
- Funding can cover any of your conference-related expenses, including but not limited to, registration fees, travel and lodging assistance. Awards generally do not exceed $1,500
- Preference will be given to students whose financial circumstances may limit them from participating in the conference
To apply, please complete the application form and upload the required materials:
- Cover letter that includes an overview of the conference, why you would like to attend, how it will support your professional goals, and an explanation of how your attendance at the conference will benefit the larger UChicago community
- Proof of acceptance or invitation to conference
- Itemized budget
Three application cycles will be offered in Autumn, Winter, and Spring Quarters with the following deadlines:
- November 1, 2019 at 11:59pm
- February 1, 2020 at 11:59pm
Please contact Eugene Chan at firstname.lastname@example.org with questions about the Professional Development Fund.