Professional Development Fund Conference Grants
Career Advancement and Campus and Student Life invite you to apply for funding to attend and participate in conferences that support your professional development. If you receive funding, you will be asked to submit a brief reflection on your experiences upon return.
- Students from all years in the College are eligible to apply
- You must have been invited to or accepted to attend a conference
- Conferences can be either in-person or virtual
- Funding can cover any of your conference-related expenses, including but not limited to, registration fees, travel and lodging assistance. Awards generally do not exceed $1,500
- Preference will be given to students whose financial circumstances may limit them from participating in the conference
Applications are accepted on a rolling basis. Submit your application no later than May 1, 2022.
To apply, please complete this application form and upload the required materials:
- Cover Letter that includes an overview of the conference, why you would like to attend, how it will support your professional goals, and an explanation of how your attendance at the conference will benefit the larger UChicago community
- Proof of Acceptance or Invitation to the conference
- Itemized Budget
Please contact Steven Balla at firstname.lastname@example.org with questions about the Professional Development Fund.