Career Advancement and Campus and Student Life invite you to apply for funding to attend and participate in conferences that support your professional development. Professional Development Fund Conference Grants seek to support opportunities that align with student academic and professional endeavors. If you receive funding, you will be asked to submit a brief reflection on your experiences upon return.
- All undergraduate students from the College are eligible to apply
- You must have been invited to or accepted to attend a professional conference, networking event, skills-building workshop, or related career-development activity
- Students are eligible to attend in-person or virtual conferences
- Funding can cover any of your conference-related expenses, including but not limited to, registration fees, travel and lodging assistance. Awards should not exceed $1,500.
- Preference will be given to students whose financial circumstances may limit them from participating in the conference
If you are seeking funding to attend an academic research conference or present a research poster, please apply through the College Center for Research and Fellowship’s Dean's Fund for Undergraduate Research.
Applications are accepted on a rolling basis. Submit your application no later than May 1, 2023.
To apply, please complete this application form and upload the required materials:
- Cover letter explaining how the event will support your professional goals
- Proof of acceptance or invitation to attend a professional conference, networking event, skills-building workshop, or related career-development activity
- Provide an itemized budget including registration fees, travel expenses, and lodging accommodations
- Provide a brief description of the conference and your participation, how it will support your professional goals, and an explanation of how your attendance at the conference will benefit the UChicago Community
*Applications seeking reimbursement will be reviewed on a case-by-case basis.
Please contact Isaiah Spears at email@example.com with questions about the Professional Development Fund Conference Grant.