Join us for the Science and Engineering Recruiting Forum on October 6th, 2023! The Forum will bring together students across campus to network with employers, connect with each other, and engage in conversations and programming centered around interdisciplinary engineering themes.
We are excited to bring together a rising generation of scientists and engineers and offer the Science and Engineering Recruiting Forum as a platform for industry experts to share their insights and top employers to engage with student talent.
2023 Science and Engineering Recruiting Forum
- Location: Eckhardt Research Center - 5640 S Ellis Ave, Chicago, IL 60637
- Date: October 6, 2023
- Time: 1:00 - 5:00 PM CT
- Format: In-Person
- Engagement Opportunities: Employer Industry Panel, Career Preparation, Networking Event.
- Company Showcase: 3:30-5 p.m. This is an opportunity for students to meet companies from a variety of industries.
- All undergraduate students interested in STEM careers are invited to attend.
Student registration is available on Handshake. Please RSVP on Handshake to stay up-to-date on the Forum!
For Participating Employers
We’re excited to welcome a diverse set of corporate partners to the University of Chicago.
Who Should Participate?
Employers in science and engineering are invited to participate in our Employer Showcase from 3:30 – 5:00 p.m. on Friday, October 6th. They are also invited to join our optional events, including our keynote and industry panel.
The Employer Showcase is the main networking opportunity for you to meet and greet with students, advertise open positions, and promote your Summer 2024 internship program. Employers receive table space in the atrium to interact with students at the Forum during the 90-minute networking event where students can meet-and-greet with multiple employers in a 'career fair' atmosphere.
Employers interested in hiring University of Chicago students for the following cohorts will find the Recruiting Forum particularly relevant:
- Students graduating in Spring 2024.
- Summer 2024 student interns with a target graduation in 2025, 2026, or 2027.
Additionally, company specific information sessions or networking sessions for the week of October 2nd are available by request to Will Lutterman, Director, Career Advancement at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Benefits to Participating Employers
The University of Chicago greatly appreciates partners interested in hiring students. All employers participating in the Employer Showcase will receive:
- Table space to meet-and-greet with interested students.
- A resume book of all registered attendees at the Science and Engineering Forum, including a formatted spreadsheet of student contact information and LinkedIn profile URLs.
- An opportunity to be highlighted ahead of the event to attract student interest.
- An opportunity to conduct in-person interviews the morning of October 6th before the Showcase or the during the week of October 2nd on-campus.
- An opportunity to post full-time jobs and internships to University of Chicago students, specially promoted by Career Advancement to relevant student groups and segments.
Registering and participating in the Science and Engineering Recruiting Forum is provided at no cost to employers.
Registration is now closed. If your organization is still interested in participating, please reach out to Will Lutterman (email@example.com) to connect on how to best engage with students!