- AMCAS requires an initial application fee of $170, which covers the cost of applying to one school.
- There is an added fee of $43 for each additional school to which an individual applies.
- AACOMAS requires an application of $195 for their first school and $50 for each additional school.
- TMDSAS requires a flat fee of $200.
Schools require a separate application fee for secondaries. The fee typically ranges from $50-150.
In-person interviews require applicants to cover travel, logging, and incidentals. Some schools host applicants with current students, which can reduce costs.
- MCAT: The registration fee from the MCAT ranges from $320-$375 depending on the time of your registration.
- CASPer: The fee is $85, which includes 8 program distributions. Each additional program distribution is $15.
- PREview: A flat $100 fee including unlimited score distribution
FEE ASSISTANCE PROGRAMS
AAMC Fee Assistance Program: Reduces the financial burden of applying to medical school significantly. It waives the AMCAS application fee for up to 20 schools, reduces the MCAT fee by half, and provides access to several resources, including the MSAR, for free.
- Medical schools also typically waive the secondary application fee for applicants who have received AAMC Fee Assistance. Additionally, PREview and CASPer waive their fees.
AACOMAS Fee Waiver Program: Provides funds to cover the initial application fee of $198. If an applicant receives a fee waiver and wishes to apply to more than one school, they are still responsible for the additional fee of $50 per program.