The Fried Public Policy and Service Program (“Fried”) is the opt-in cohort program of the Careers in Policy and Social Impact. All undergraduate students can participate at their own level of involvement.
The goal of the program is to provide a wide range of career development opportunities and resources for policy-focused undergraduate students, while also building a cohort of like-minded students interested in social impact, government, and the public sector.
How to Get Involved
To get involved in the Fried Public Policy and Service Program, please sign-up for our Careers in Policy and Social Impact newsletter. We’ll send a Fried-specific newsletter each Monday that includes:
- Upcoming events and cohort events.
- Employer engagement opportunities and information sessions.
- Career development resources specific to public policy.
We also encourage you to consider academic-year and summer Jeff Metcalf internships to gain experience in the policy and social impact sectors.
Interested in learning more and getting involved? Sign-up for an advising appointment with a member of the Careers in Policy and Social Impact team on Handshake!
Upcoming Events and Opportunities
You can stay up-to-date with the latest events through our weekly newsletter. Here’s a snapshot of upcoming programs and opportunities!
Fall Quarter 2022
- Fried Program Kickoff
- Harris Graduate Mentorship Program
- Employer Information Sessions
- Graduate School Information Sessions
Winter Quarter 2023
- Fundamentals of Public Policy Workshop Serie
- Local Government Career Trek
Spring Quarter 2023
- Employer Spotlight Series
- End of Year Picnic
- Policy and Social Impact Skills Bootcamp
For more information about the Fried Public Policy and Service Program, please contact Will Lutterman, Program Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org.